1. According to the text, two roles of police work are crime-fighting and order-maintenance. What do you think the police role really is? 2. The
1. According to the text, two roles of police work are crime-fighting and order-maintenance. What do you think the police role really is?
2. The New York Police Department has a policy known as “Stop-and-Frisk”. Many in the affected communities, especially the minority community, claim this policy is race-based. State the basics of the policy and discuss if this policy is race-based. What reasons are given by the police department for the policy? Why or why not do you believe the policy is sound?
3. What is police discretion? Discuss and give examples of some of the ways police exercise discretion.
1. Explain the detective mystique and how it has developed.
2. The Boston Marathon bombing in April 2013 sent shockwaves throughout the United States and created an intense police manhunt for the suspects. The police used surveillance cameras to assist in the apprehension of the suspects. Discuss and describe the methods used by the police and your opinion on the use of surveillance cameras. Do you agree that surveillance camera should be used and why or why not? How does their use affect our privacy rights?
3. Discuss some of the strengths and weaknesses involved in the use of multiagency task forces.
1. Describe four major international terrorist incidents.
2. Describe and discuss the reasons terrorists commit their acts.
3. Discuss various ways in which the U.S. government immediately responded to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
——> Two or more outside sources must be used.
—->also use the book an introduction to policing eight edition (chapter 5,10,15) 8 pages!
APA, 12 font, double space
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!