600 word discussion on global marketing
Make sure that you have a good grasp of the following key terms and theories:
- Global marketing
- Marketing mix
- Competitive advantage
- Product/Market expansion framework
- Driving forces affecting global marketing
- Restraining forces affecting global marketing
There is a saying in the business world that “nothing fails like success.” Take Gap, for example. How can a fashion retailer that was once the source for wardrobe staples such as chinos and white t-shirts suddenly lose its marketing edge? Motorola also fell victim to its own success. The company’s Razr cell phone was a huge hit, but Motorola struggled to leverage that success. Google acquired Motorola Mobility but then sold it to Lenovo in 2014. Also, Starbucks former CEO Howard Shultz warned that his company and brand risked becoming commoditized. And, as noted in Case 1-3 of the textbook, some industry observers say that Apple “lost its cool.”
For your initial post,
- Pick from one of the six companies named above. From a global marketing standpoint, use all the six terms or theories listed above to explain your analysis of their global marketing failure or decline. Throughout your initial post, bold and underline each of the six terms and theories you use to make them easy to identify.
- If you were consulted as the global marketing expert to make recommendations to management of that company, what are your top two recommendations?
Your initial post should be a minimum of 300 words. Do not forget to cite your textbook and any other sources used to support your ideas. You may refer to Ashford University Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
In your initial post,
- Choose a global company and a single market in which it operates.
- Discuss the factors that constitute the economic environment of this type of business.
- Explain why it is important to understand when markets are at different stages of economic development.
- Explain how the World Bank’s four-category classification system, which measures gross national income (GNI), adds value to an organization.
Please discuss in 300 to 350 words. Do not forget to cite your textbook and any other sources used to support your ideas. You may refer to Ashford University Writing Center’s APA Style resource.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!