Ashmark questions | Operations Management homework help
AD680 Global Supply Chains
Case Study #2: Ashmark Corporation: Dealing with Supply Disruption
Ivey Publishing, Case W15358
This case study illustrates the management of external suppliers at an OEM and associated risks. The case is unique in that it takes place in the bowels of a global supply chain and is presented from the point of view of a Tier I supplier. Prior to reading the case, be sure to familiarize yourself with the definition of an OEM, and the meaning of Tier I, II, and III suppliers.
Working in teams, provide one response per team to each of the following questions. Be sure to follow APA guidelines included on the course Blackboard site.
Address the following questions (in at least one case, find an article that supports your statements):
1. List two reasons why Red Star was a good supplier.
2. List two reasons why Red Star was not a good supplier.
3. What were two key “issues” with the Red Star-Ashmark relationship that led to the situation presented in the case? For each issue cited, what “red flag” should have caused concern at Ashmark.
4. Discuss either an advantage or disadvantage of Ashmark using multiple suppliers for the low volume parts made by Red Star.
5. List an action taken by Ashmark immediately after the bankruptcy and discuss its effectiveness.
6. Describe a future action that could be taken at Ashmark.
Your team should submit one Word file, with a title page containing your names and the case study name.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!