Cis 524 week 4 case study 2: design process | CIS 524 – Computer Interaction and Design | Strayer University
Due Week 4 and worth 90 points
You have recently started your own software design company. You discover that your local DMV is looking to build a system that will allow receptionists to check customers in quickly. They would like for the system to allow customers to self-check-in during busy times, but have receptionists check customers in the rest of the time. Your company puts a bid in for the project and wins. Read the article located at http://www.bcs.org/upload/pdf/ewic_hc07_lppaper18.pdf.Here is another link to the article. Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Suggest the prototyping technique you would use for this system and support your rationale.
- Create a management plan containing eight to ten (8-10) stages for proper design of such a system.
- Explain each stage of the management plan and justify your rationale.
- Estimate the length of time it will take to complete each stage of the management plan.
- Compare and contrast the self-check-in interface with the interface a receptionist would use.
- Use Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative, Dia, to create a total of two (2) graphical representations of your proposed interfaces, one (1) for the self-check-in and one (1) for the receptionist. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and evaluate interface design models.
- Develop an interface design plan that addresses and solves a proposed business problem.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
- Write clearly and concisely about HCI topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!