Explain how self-concept and perception impact interpersonal
The paper should be at least 500-600 words, not including the questions that you can paste into the document to show what your answers are addressing. You can just answer each of the questions, and number them straightforwardly. I prefer you not write one long essay but rather short essay answers to each question. For most points, be sure to use the text/concepts as you write and give APA citations within your writing, NOT just at the end of the document.!
The video link
. 1. How would you describe Jim’s self-concept?
2. How is self-concept affecting the interaction? Is it helping it? Hindering it? Explain using concepts from the text.
3. Using the process of human perception starting on page 64, explain the situation from your perspective as a student.
4. Using the guidelines for improving perception and communication starting on page 79 of the text, provide at least two tips for both Jim and his father on how to handle the situation in an effective way. Make sure to incorporate the text guidelines with proper in-text citations to support your points.
5. Please explain, using concepts from the course and text material, the most significant thing learned from this Assignment.
- Recognize that all perceptions are partial and subjective: They are partial because we cannot perceive everything and subjective because we are influenced by many factors. Avoid thinking our perceptions are the only valid ones.
- Avoid mind reading: When we assume we understand what another thinks, feels, or perceives, we may be misinterpreting them. Allow people to speak for themselves.
- Check perceptions with others: Because perceptions are partial and subjective, and because mind reading is ineffective, we need to compare our perceptions with others. Done in a non-accusatory way, this can minimize defensiveness and help you arrive at a mutual understanding.
- Distinguish between facts and inferences: Facts are objective statements based on observation. Inferences involve interpretation that goes beyond the facts. Use more tentative words like “seems” instead of “is” to differentiate an inference from a fact.
- Guard against the self-serving bias: Monitor yourself to see whether you unjustifiably attribute your accomplishments to your own efforts or attribute your failures or adverse behaviors to factors beyond your control.
- Guard against the fundamental attribution error: Monitor yourself to see whether you assume another’s unwanted behavior is due to internal rather than external factors. Ask yourself, “What factors in the person’s situation might lead to this behavior?”
- Monitor labels: Be sensitive to how others interpret labels and choose your words accordingly.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!