Fall of humanity – then and now worksheet
Part One: The Fall – Then
Read the assigned readings in Topic 3 (textbook chapter 4, Lecture 3, “The Mystery of Original Sin” article, and Bible passages) and address the following questions with a total word count (including questions) of 500-750 words.
Cite all of the resources used with in-text citations, using at least two sources from the Topic 3 readings. These will be included in the list of references at the end of the assignment.
Write your paragraph response directly below each question:
1. What is revealed about human nature (from Gen 1-2)?
2. What are the consequences of the Fall for human nature (from Gen 3)?
3. What is revealed about human purpose from the readings? What does it mean for humans to flourish, in other words to achieve spiritual, emotional, and mental well-being?
4. How might the answer to these questions differ according to different worldviews?
Part Two: The Fall – Now
Consider how the Fall and humanity’s exposure to good and evil are seen in the way some people treat themselves and others in dehumanizing ways today (for example, abuse, addiction, bullying, domestic violence, eating disorders, human trafficking, pornography, poverty, racism, vandalism, etc.).
Choose one act of dehumanization and write a short TV public service announcement in 350-500 words. Use at least two different sources from the GCU eLibrary, cited in the text and listed below in the list of references. Include the following:
- Highlight how the act of dehumanization is evident in the world today.
- Provide solid ideas for prevention.
- Include statistics, causes, and impact on people (victim, perpetrator, others as appropriate).
- Discuss how a God-centered worldview (as discussed in the “The Mystery of Original Sin” article) might provide a solution.
· Within the script, include notes about the images and video that would be included when shooting the commercial.
Two examples of a public service announcement:
Write your paper below:
List at least two references below for each part of the assignment above, for a minimum of four references. Prepare these references according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide located in the Student Success Center (found under RESOURCES > Student Success Center > The Writing Center > Style Guides). Include the Permalink for the GCU Library sources used.
Shuster , M. (2013). The Mystery of Original Sin: We don’t know why God permitted the Fall, but we know all too well the evil and sin that still plague us. Christianity Today, 57(3), 38-41. http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rfh&AN=ATLA0001935909&site=eds-live&scope=site
List references below:
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!