Health assessment teaching plan | Nursing homework help
Please read all directions carefully before you begin.
- Click to download the Patient Teaching Plan Form (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Type your answers directly into this Word document and submit. The use of correct terminology, grammar, and spelling is important! Any references and citations used should be written in APA format. Please utilize in-text citations when appropriate, and list all references in the space provided at the end of the worksheet.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Health Topic: Decide WHAT you would like to teach. Describe in detail why this is an important topic for patient education. Use evidence from the textbook, lesson or an outside scholarly source to support your rationale.Select from the following health topics to complete your Patient Teaching Project:
- Stress and Time Management
- Self-Care (can choose a specific self-care activity)
- Prevention of Hazards at Work
- Bicycle Safety
- Ergonomics (related to work, posture)
- Skin Cancer Prevention
- Healthy Eating
- Exercise/Physical Activity
- Human Trafficking
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse (Opioid, Alcohol, Nicotine)
- Palliative Care/Hospice Care
- Population and Setting: Once you have selected a topic, you must decide WHO you will be teaching and WHERE the education will take place. (i.e., teaching a classroom of middle school students; teaching community members at a local health fair)
- Learning Barriers: Refer to the assigned article: Educating patients: Understanding barriers, learning styles, and teaching techniques for information related to learning barriers and other teaching considerations. Barriers might be cultural, physical, educational, or environmental. You may also want to consider the developmental stages of your selected population.Example:
- The population in this community is known to have a low-literacy level, therefore clear pictures and graphics will be utilized to assist with understanding.
- Learning Objectives: Write three specific learning objectives your Visual Teaching Tool will address. Begin each objective with “At the end of this education, the learner will …” Use an action verb to finish the sentence (i.e., list, demonstrate, describe, define, identify).Example:
- At the end of this education, the learner will be able to demonstrate the proper way to wear a bike helmet.
- At the end of this education, the learner will be able to describe how to perform a breast self-exam.
- At the end of this education, the learner will be able to list three benefits of regular physical activity.
- Evaluation: Write a paragraph describing how you could evaluate whether your visual teaching tool was successful and met the learning objectives. Consider the population’s abilities and the setting.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
NOTE: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!