Hist1301 exam 3 (free answers for the first five questions, then you
Course United States History I Test Exam 3 Due Date 4/12/19 11:59 PM Status Completed Attempt Score 70.4 out of 80 points Instructions
- This exam is non-proctored.
- No password is necessary.
- Resources (textbook, notes, etc.) are allowed.
- There is a time limit of 90 minutes. You may access the exam only one time. This means that once you begin, you must finish. You are not allowed to back out of the exam and enter again.
- The exam includes fifty (50) multiple-choice and true/false questions worth two (2) points each.
Results Displayed All Answers, Submitted Answers, Correct Answers
- Question 1 1.6 out of 1.6 points According to John O’Sullivan, the “manifest destiny” of the United States to occupy North America could be traced to:
- Selected Answer: ????e. a divine mission.
- a. the Adams-Onís Treaty.
- b. federal treaties with Indian nations.
- c. the Treaty of Paris of 1783.
- d. the Bible.
- ????e. a divine mission.
- Question 2 1.6 out of 1.6 points Besides religious phrases, what did Charles Grandison Finney emphasize in his sermons?
- Selected Answer: ????b. People had to make choices in their lives similar to making political decisions.
- a. People needed to make strategic moves in their lives, like a military commander.
- ????b. People had to make choices in their lives similar to making political decisions.
- c. Themes from classical Greek literature.
- d. People needed to improve themselves economically.
- e. They needed to convert Native Americans.
- Question 3 1.6 out of 1.6 points What helped to encourage Richard Allen to establish the African Methodist Episcopal Church?
- Selected Answer: ????a. He was forcibly removed from praying at the altar rail at his former place of worship.
- ????a. He was forcibly removed from praying at the altar rail at his former place of worship.
- b. Frederick Douglass gave him a generous grant to establish a new church.
- c. Charles Grandison Finney persuaded Allen to build a black church, since Finney believed worship should be segregated.
- d. He wanted to see an integrated church that combined the elements he admired most in the Methodist and Episcopal denominations.
- e. Refused admission to Princeton Seminary because of his color, he decided to set up his own religious organization.
- Question 4 0 out of 1.6 points What was a result of the Second Great Awakening?
- Selected Answer: ????e. The Second Great Awakening popularized Deism.
- a. Charles Grandison Finney was pressured to leave the eastern United States.
- b. The Second Great Awakening led to the Baptists losing a majority of their parishioners, who switched to Catholicism.
- c. The market revolution did not aid revivalist ministers.
- ????d. The Second Great Awakening complemented the idea of self-reliance.
- e. The Second Great Awakening popularized Deism.
- Question 5 1.6 out of 1.6 points The Erie Canal gave which city primacy over competing ports in accessing trade with the Northwest?
- Selected Answer: ????b. New York.
- a. Boston.
- ????b. New York.
- c. Baltimore.
- d. Philadelphia.
- e. Chicago.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!