Jaa inc. – a case study in creating value from uncertainty – erm – w10
Read the chapter and pay careful attention to Appendix A: JAA Inc. Financial Statements and Appendix B: Risk Management Policy. Use this information to help you answer the following questions:
1. As you are aware, effective implementation of ISO 31000involves effective design and implementation of a risk management framework and effective implementation of the risk management processes. This will be verified by incorporation of 11 key principles. Find an example in the case for each of the 11 principles in action.
2. What characteristics do you see in the board of directors that lend themselves to a strong tone at the top and a culture that fully embraces risk management?
3. What is the linkage at JAA between the strategic objectives, context, stakeholders, and risk criteria? Support your comments with specific examples of the link in these four areas.
4. In many companies, it is typical for internal audit to itself perform a risk assessment which it will use for audit planning and execution purposes. Do you have any thoughts on what you see as the pitfalls in this? What is the ideal situation in a company?
5. How would the board of directors measure the success of their risk management?
Justify your answers and include examples as requested. Using outside sources is not required, but if you do use outside sources, follow APA formatting.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!