Leading organizational change – assignment 1: case study
Organizational change is moving at an ever increasing pace in today’s global economy. Mergers and acquisitions, increasing competitive pressures both at home and abroad, as well as a wide range of economic and political forces are requiring that businesses be prepared to evolve to meet changing environments. In this course you learned about what it means to be a leader, the various forms that organizational leadership can take, and the wide range of factors that influence the ability of a leader to effect organizational change as well as strategies that can be employed to manage change. In a minimum of1,500 words, please select an organization and analyze it in terms of organizational change.
A company may go through organizational change at various stages in its life cycle for a variety of reasons. Reasons can include, a change in ownership, a change in the competitive framework, business expansion, or business contraction, among others. The business sections of papers every day discuss instances of organizational change.
Select one of the following scenarios: It has to be a REAL business
- A business where the company has been taken over by a larger organization in an unrelated field
- A business where the leadership has been changed because the CEO has been forced to resign
- A business where the company has decided to expand outside of the United States and open up operations in another country
- A business where a major new competitor has entered the field and is taking away business and/or employees
- A business where the company has been sued by current/former employees for discrimination
Research the organization and analyze the organizational change. In your paper address all of the following:
- Explain the external and internal factors that are driving the need for change
- Evaluate the organizational barriers and issues, including corporate culture, vision, and mission that currently exist
- Recommend appropriate strategies for leading the change
- Propose and provide a rationale for changes to the organizational structure, vision, and mission
- Identify and support the most appropriate leadership style based on leadership theory
- Explain how the change will be communicated to all key stakeholders
Formatting & Sources
Please write your paper in the APA format. As part of your research, you may refer to the course material for supporting evidence, but you must also use at least three credible, outside sources and cite them using APA format as well. Please include a mix of both primary and secondary sources, with at least one source from a scholarly peer-reviewed journal. If you use any Study.com lessons as sources, please also cite them in APA (including the lesson title and instructor’s name).
- Primary sources are first-hand accounts such as interviews, advertisements, speeches, company documents, statements, and press releases published by the company in question.
- Secondary sources come from peer-reviewed scholarly journals, such as the Journal of Management. You may use like JSTOR, Google Scholar, and Social Science Research Network to find articles from these journals. Secondary sources may also come from reputable websites with .gov, .edu, or .org in the domain. (Wikipedia is not a reputable source, though the sources listed in Wikipedia articles may be acceptable.)
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!