Lot in life rubric | developmental paychology | Prince George’s Community College
There is not necessarily a certain number of powerpoint slides that are required, but if you follow the guideline listed here, you should have at least 10 – 15 slides for your topic.Assignment: “Your Lot in Life”
Purpose of Assignment: To measure students’ ability to:
- Explain a life span development event, or issue (i.e., child rearing practices, marital considerations, elder care, dementia, reproductive technologies, healthcare policies);
- Apply the concepts and major theoretical approaches to the assigned case in resolving a life span development situation, i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma;
- Use research to evaluate and distinguish the influences of heredity, environmental context and cultural values in their case scenario;
- Apply ethical principles to “best” resolve or alleviate the problem in their assigned case;
- Use information literacy skills to locate appropriate research and other relevant community resources and materials to create an informative class presentation.
Product: A PowerPoint/Prezi presentation that summarizes the above elements. Grading: This assignment is worth 100 pointsRubric: Posted Directions: Choose your “lot in life” condition from the list of suggested topics. Your task is to prepare a PowerPoint/Prezi presentation for the class that comprehensively addresses “your lot in life” event/issue using a theoretical approach(es) and research findings. Your PowerPoint/Prezi presentation must include the following elements:
- Introduction of topic.
- Description and definition of the condition.
- At least one major theoretical approach to explain and resolve the life span development situation (i.e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma).
- Research findings from one professional journal article, one national organization Website, one governmental agency, and one additional source to reference in the presentation (references must be done APA style).
- Research method used in the journal article to study the condition.
- Your individual recommendations that you believe will best resolve/alleviate this condition based on research and the ethics and values as expressed in the “standard of care” practiced in this community.
- The impact of this condition on the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development of those affected by this condition.
- Local community resources, and or national resources, such as phone numbers and contact information, and program details that are available to support an individual or family in your “lot in life” situation.
- Any additional information relevant to the topic for informational purposes (i.e., brief video clip, brochure) may be included.
List of Suggested Topics
- Your spouse of fourteen years says he wants a divorce because he no longer loves you. He wants to start a “new life” with his student.
- Your spouse of twenty nine years says she wants a divorce because she is a lesbian and she can no longer pretend to be a “good wife and mother.”
- Your 7-year-old son has been diagnosed with ADHD.
- Your sweetheart is of a different race and culture. Your parents do not approve of the upcoming marriage.
- Your fourteen year-old son/daughter wants to begin preparation for gender reassignment surgery.
- Your partner has been diagnosed with colon cancer
- Your partner has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
- Your child was born normal, but at age 3 he has been diagnosed as having autism.
- You and your spouse are 4 months into your first pregnancy and you learn you are having quadruplets
- You and your spouse of ten years are having difficulty conceiving a child. You both desperately want to have a biological offspring.
- Your 17-year-old son has been arrested for a DWI last Saturday night on the Beltway.
- Your 65-year-old mother/father was recently diagnosed with dementia.
- Your baby’s father is no longer paying you the monthly non-court ordered amount he agreed to pay you after your baby was born.
- You are pregnant. You have been living with your boyfriend for the past 7 months, but you are not sure about your baby’s paternity.
- Your 17 year –old son/daughter wants to carry a gun to college this fall because he is fearful of being shot on campus by a random shooter.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!