Module/week 2 — interpersonal leadership skills
This course requires 4 Case Study assignments. In these papers, you will apply your model of statesmanship to a particular Public Administration context.
In this case study, you will apply the Statesmanship model you discussed in Module 1 to a real, specific public administration context. What type of interpersonal skills are needed to effectively administer statesmanship in that context? Remember to discuss the importance of emotional intelligence and covenant in your case study.
- Case Study scenarios must be taken from documented (published) public administration contexts; no hypotheticals are allowed. Students can focus on one particular public administration organization or may refer to a particular situation (well-documented by the research) that many public administrators face.
- Integrate Biblical principles in your case study discussion.
- All ideas shared by the student must be supported with sound reason and citations from the required readings, presentations, and additional research.
- The paper should be 4-5 pages of content in length (not counting the title page or references), double-spaced, and in APA format.
- All required readings and presentations from the assigned module must be cited.
- 3-5 additional sources must be used. This need not be scholarly so long as they are provide relevant political and economic analysis of your chosen nation. Wikipedia may not be used (though certainly the student is welcome to review its content), and informal blogs are not appropriate.
Reading & Study
- A Biblical-Covenantal Perspective on Organizational Behavior & Leadership: Lessons 3 & 4
- Article: Developing Leaders in Public Affairs and Administration: Incorporating Emotional Intelligence Training into the Core Doctoral Leadership Course
- Article: Status and Power: The Principal Inputs to Influence for Public Managers
- Article: Differences in Emotional Intelligence between Effective and Ineffective Leaders in the Public Sector: An Empirical Study
- Article: The Role of Organizations in Fostering Public Service Motivation
- Article: Toward a Public Administration Theory of Public Service Motivation
- Article: Getting One’s Way in Policy Debates: Influence Tactics Used in Group Decision-Making Settings
- Article: Transforming Municipal Boards into Accountable, High-Performing Teams: Toward a Diagnostic Model of Governing Board Effectiveness
- Presentation: Motivation and Emotional Intelligence
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!