Prompt this is a multi-step prompt in which you have to answer each
This is a multi-step prompt in which you have to answer each of the questions posed to you.
The first part of this prompt is to assess your overall interest and knowledge of mythology: How familiar are you with the myths we have read this first week, and what are you looking forward to learning about the most? Please carefully review the syllabus and the myths we are covering in order to answer this part of the question.
Next, consider how the gods interact with one another and with human beings. In doing so, be
careful to explain your impression of them, using examples and/or quotes from the text to
support your answer.
This final part of the prompt is quite complex, so please address the instances that interest you
the most from this week’s reading: look very carefully at how male and female characters (this includes the gods and goddesses) are portrayed in the myths we have read this week. Do you see instances where one gender is portrayed more negatively than the other? What does this reveal about ancient ideas of gender and power? Be certain to refer to specific passages and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
• Your initial response should be at least 500 words in length
• Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
• Use size 12 font, one-inch margins, and double-spacing
• Consult the MLA Formatting and Style Guide to understand how to format citations and
references and for general writing assistance (writing style, mechanics, grammar, etc.).
Hamilton, Edith. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. Grand Central Publishing, 2011.
• Introduction to Classical Mythology, pp. 1–16
• Part One: The Gods, the Creation, and the Earliest Heroes, pp. 17–120
Odysseus and Polyphemus
- Book nine of Homer’s The Odyssey
Additional Resources: External Links
• History et cetera: The Newly Discovered Tablet V of the Epic of Gilgamesh – https://etc.worldhistory.org/exhibitions/giglamesh-enkidu-humbaba-cedar-forest-newest-discovered-tablet-v-epic/?fbclid=IwAR1xOWTwq9Ys4pFgDq-WWcXHkRj_b1SQStFU4TFjX1dESBZFzXR4bir9eYw
• Zecharia sitchin index: The Pyramid Texts – https://zsitchinindex.wordpress.com/ancient-texts/the-pyramid-texts/
• The Internet Classics Archive: Metamorphoses by Ovid – http://classics.mit.edu/Ovid/metam.html
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!