Remembering, receiving, responding | Jesus
This assignment requires you to ponder N. T. Wright’s talk ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukyNU51OcnA ) about developing Christian character and to revisit Lunde’s practical suggestions for “remembering, receiving and responding” as part of the “how” answer for the demands of discipleship.
Lunde, Jonathan. Following Jesus, the Servant King: A Biblical Theology of Covenantal Discipleship. Zondervan, 2010.
Coupling Wright’s emphasis on intentional effort in developing Christian character with Lunde’s biblical “how” insights in chapters 12 through 15, design a retreat for a weekend of Christian discipleship set aside to practice the kind of remembering, receiving and responding that will help attendees to become or grow into their “future selves.
Keep in mind what we’ve been learning regarding Jesus as King and the Christian life as participation in the Kingdom of God. Find ways to incorporate into your retreat plan evidence of careful reflection on how the good news of the kingdom and our resurrection hope in Messiah Jesus should shape our understanding of sanctification and spiritual formation.
- Plan the retreat schedule beginning on Friday evening at 6pm and ending at 3pm on Sunday afternoon.
- Include lights-out, wake-up, and mealtimes; menu is unnecessary unless you plan a particular significance related to something to be eaten.
- All activities you schedule, including any free time (other than short breaks), must be designed and identified as either Remembering, Receiving, or Responding.
- Include a brief description of each activity along with
- A notation as to the page number in the Lunde textbook that stimulated your thinking of it, and
- The references to any biblical passages specifically involved
- Creativity is desirable but faithfulness to the grace and demand of the New Covenant in Christ Jesus is essential.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!