Rent-a-car project | Numerical analysis homework help
Datasets and description for the case assignments:
1. In this project, you are required estimate the demand for “economy” vehicles using the variables provided. The dependent variable is QE_Y and there are 11 independent variables (X1 to X11)
2. Identify the relationship between the dependent variable (Y) and each of the independent variables (X). For example, the relationship between variable QE_Y and variable PownL_X2 is positive. Economy vehicles and Luxury vehicles are substitute. If the rate of luxury vehicles (and PownL_X2) rises, the quantity demanded for economy vehicles (QE_Y) increases.
3. Using Excel or any other statistical software to run regression analysis and estimate the coefficients of each independent variable X. Your model should look like the following:
QE_Y = constant (or intercept) + a1X1+ a2X2+ a3X3+ a4X4+ a5X5+ a6X6+ a7X7+ a8X8+ a9X9+ a10X10+ a11X11+ a12X12
4. Compute elasticities for PownE_X1, PownL_X2, and pcomp_X3 for week 30.
5. What other factors besides price might be included in this equation? Do you foresee any difficulty in obtaining these additional data or incorporating them in the regression analysis?
6. What proportion of the variation in the dependent variable is explained by the independent variables in the equations?
Rent-A-Car: Description of the variables in the data set
Number of rental contracts initiated each week in the economy category
Average daily rate Rent-A-Car charged for its economy cars in a given week
Average daily rate Rent-A-Car charged for its luxury vehicles in a given week
Average daily rate of the only competitor across all vehicle categories
Binary variable with 1 indicating weeks when college is in session
Number of days in a week with severe weather
Number of unemployed workers in the county as of Tuesday each week
Number of flights (in- and outbound) serving the local airport that week
Total number of flights cancelled that week
Binary variable with 1 indicating weeks of national holidays (long weekends)
Number of major accidents that week
Amount spent on local advertising each week
Average age of our fleet measured in weeks
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!