Research a case where a law enforcement, corrections, or legal professional was involved in an ethical dilemma/corruption/misconduct that wasn’t previously covered in this course. Review
Research a case where a law enforcement, corrections, or legal professional was involved in an ethical dilemma/corruption/misconduct that wasn’t previously covered in this course. Review the topics that must be included in the case study in order to choose a case that covers the topics listed below.
Write a research paper which discusses the following points regarding the case you choose. The paper is to be written in APA format, double spaced, with references cited correctly. The font for the paper is to be New Times Roman, size 12, with margins of 1 inch. With the title page, abstract page, and references page, the total page count should be 12 pages (9 pages of content).
Points to cover in your paper:
1. Explain why the study of ethics is important for criminal justice professionals. (CO 1)
2. Do any of the following terms play a role in the case your chose. If so, how? morals, ethics, duties, superogatories, and values. (CO 2)
3. Describe how other ethical systems define what is moral – specifically, religion, natural law, ethics of virtue, and ethics of care. Did any of these systems play a role in the case you chose? Did you personally choose the case because of your own beliefs in any of the following systems? (CO 3)
4. What type of justice plays a role in the case you chose (CO 4)
5. Do any of the three major theories that attempt to explain behavior play a part in the case you chose? If not, why? If so, how? (CO. 5)
6. Does the justification for police power and the basic ethical standards that derive from this justification play a role in the case you chose? If so, how? If not, why not? (CO 6).
7. Identify the differences between the formal ethics of law enforcement and the values of the police subculture. In the case presented do the differences between formal ethics and the subculture lead to the ethical dilemma? How? Why?
8. Present the ethical issues involved in proactive and reactive investigations. How did these issues lead to the ethical dilemma presented in the case. (CO 8).
9. Describe the types of police/correctional/legal office corruption. Which of the types of corruption was presented in the case you chose? (CO 9)
10. Describe the ways to reduce corruption and misconduct. What could have been done to prevent or attempt to reduce the corruption in the case you chose? (CO 10)
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!