Socw 6090 week 10 – assignment: final project | SOCW 6090 – Psychopathology for Social Work | Walden University
Assignment: Final Project
The sign of an effective clinician is the ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess a client.
This is a culmination of learning from all the weeks covered so far.
To prepare: Use a differential diagnosis process and analysis of the Mental Status Exam in the case of Sandra to determine if the case meets the criteria for a clinical diagnosis.
Submit a 1000-word paper in which you:
· Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
· Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
· Identify 3 of the close differentials that you considered for the case and have ruled out. Concisely explain why these conditions were considered but eliminated.
· Identify the assessments you recommend to validate treatment. Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
· Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment. Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment recommendations.
· Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
· Identify client strengths, and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
· Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to effectively treat this client, and provide a plan on how you will do so.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
– Master Degree Level
– Ultra-High Quality
Must be Original Work and contain at least 4 references and citations. Must reference the following:
Morrison, J. (2014). Diagnosis made easier (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Chapter 15, “Diagnosing Substance Misuse and Other Addictions” (pp. 238–250)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013r). Substance related and addictive disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm16
Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2016). Foundations of addictions counseling (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education, Inc.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SMHSA). https://www.samhsa.gov/
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!