Unit 8 hw finance | Accounting homework help
Assignment: The Angel Investor
The concept of after-tax Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) is a common issue when studying finance at all levels. The impact of taxes, applicable to most forms of financing is a key component of studies in the field of finance. The Assignment will present the opportunity to assess and build upon your knowledge of and ability to calculate the after-tax WACC and the cost of debt and equity.
The following course outcome is assessed in this Assignment:
MT480-6: Incorporate the combined attributes of debt and equity given a cost of capital model.
Read the scenario and address the checklist items.
Scenario: As an Angel Investor you have been asked to assess an entrepreneur’s product and financing options. In your role as an Angel Investor you focus on one year at a time. The entrepreneur asks for $100,000 immediately to purchase a diagnostic machine for a healthcare facility. The entrepreneur hopes to be financed with 60% debt and 40% equity. As the entrepreneurs’ venture capital partner, you assign a cost of equity of 15% and a cost of debt at 10%. You require a Return on Investment (ROI) of 8%. You are using an After Tax Weighted Average Cost of Capital (AT- WACC) model. A 35% marginal tax rate is applied Address the following checklist items:
- Explain the tax benefits of debt financing.
- Calculate the AT- WACC with a 60% debt and 40% equity financing structure.
- Apply the calculated AT-WACC to explain why this is or is not a viable investment for you as the Angel Investor.
- Explain what the entrepreneur’s financial restructuring AT- WACC (% Debt and % Equity) need to be in order to create a positive ROI.
- Explain why you as the Angel Investor would require more or less debt vs. equity financing. Be sure to note the nature of the claims on assets in times of a bankruptcy.
- Submit your response in a minimum of a 2-page APA formatted Microsoft® Word® document to the Dropbox with additional title and references pages.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!