Week 3 assignment 1: business employment law
Assignment 1: Management Team Briefing on Employment Laws
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
In your new role as Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) for a major retail organization, you have been tasked within the first 30 days by the CEO to conduct a presentation to the management team on employment law awareness. The CEO informed you that under the previous CHRO the company experienced lack of employment law understanding, resulting in a few lawsuits that were not in the company’s favor. Avoiding similar experiences is a high priority and your thorough presentation to the management team is the first big step to success.
Prepare a fifteen to twenty (15-20) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Include cover, agenda, conclusion, and reference list slides, all of which may count toward total slide count.
- Provide a 1-2 slide overview of employment law based on information found in Chapter 1 of Employment Law for Human Resource Practice. NOTE: You may use your discretion to decide what information needs to be addressed as long as your overview is descriptive and relevant.
- Include in the remaining slides the following required presentation information:
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on whom employees and employers are in determining employment relationships
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on the concept of employment discrimination
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on the types of discrimination
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on retaliation
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: You may only use the resources listed in the course syllabus and those that are specifically provided by the instructor.
Important Notes: (1) Total number of words in the bullet points are not more important than the quality of the information. (2) More detailed information should be included in the footnotes of the presentation. (3) Presentations must have a business-like professional look.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Text font size for headings and titles in the presentation must not exceed 36 pt. For all other text, the font ideally should not exceed 24 pt. Check with your professor for additional details.
- Presentation text must be properly aligned throughout the presentation and maintain the same line spacing and font size.
- Professional presentation templates will be used. Check with the professor on possible examples.
- If images found at websites or other sources are placed in the presentation, credit must be given to the sources with citations and references
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess and understand employment laws, the rights they confer on employees, and the processes involved in enforcing these laws.
- Examine the legal significance of determining whether an employment relationship exists.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanics.
Be sure to review the rubric for this assignment.
How it Works
It only takes a couple of minutes to fill in your details, select the type of paper you need (essay, term paper, etc.), give us all necessary information regarding your assignment.
Once we receive your request, one of our customer support representatives will contact you within 24 hours with more specific information about how much it'll cost for this particular project.
After receiving payment confirmation via PayPal or credit card – we begin working on your detailed outline, which is based on the requirements given by yourself upon ordering.
Once approved, your order is complete and will be emailed directly to the email address provided before payment was made!